The hardest part about traveling to a different country is not being able to communicate with the people there. What if you can’t find a bathroom? What if there isn’t a price tag on that “I Heart ___” mug that you want to buy from the gift shop? Although I have found that often times you can find someone who knows just enough english to help you out, it’s good to have some basic phrases down just in case. Don’t worry – I’ve got you covered!
Top Spanish Phrases:
- Do you speak English? – Hablás ingles?
- Where can I find a taxi? – Dónde está la parada de taxis?
- I need to go to… – Necesito ir a…
- How much is this? – Cuánto cuesta? or Cuánto vale?
- Where is a bathroom? – Dónde está el baño?
- I need help – Necesito ayuda
- Where is the... – Dónde está el/la… or Dónde queda el/la…
- I don’t understand – Yo no entiendo
- Do you have change? – Tienes cambio?
- Do you know how to get there? – Sabes cómo llegar?
Some Other Important Words:
- Airport – el aeropuerto
- Hotel – hotel (pronouced “oh-tell”)
- Straight/right/left – Derecho/derecha/izquierda
- Map – mapa